Friday, October 01, 2010

Largs completely cut off

I just realised that last week's flooding cut Largs off from the rest of the travelling world fo some time last week. The road to Kilbirnie was cut off at the Haylie Brae. The road going towards Fairlie was cut off at the Pier Garage with the flooding there. The road to Skelmorlie was cut off.

The rail line was shut down after a wall collapsed on top of it. Just sheer luck I decided not to go to Fairlie last Wednesday as I normally do - though I'd have buggered off pretty sharply as soon as the thunder and lightning started so I probably would have got out before everything was cut off.

Seems there may be damage to the "bridge" between Largs and Fairlie as traffic lights are in use so only one line of traffic can go by at a time.

And to think I just thought it was a little bit of rain.

No comments: