Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Another Ebay computer

Well, I've bought another computer off of Ebay. I bought one on June 2nd last year. I wasn't aware the person had modified it otherwise I'd never have bought it. I've never been able to connect it to the internet. Can't even get sound on it. I was given a disc from the seller to do with the card she installed but when I chose Windows XP as the operating system as I was told it wasn't even installed. It was outside the 90 days so couldn't leave a negative. This computer I'm using just now is so slow that some pages just give up on me. I have to click the middle mouse button and wait then click it again. A strange technique. Some pages can take 5-10 minutes to finally arrive. Now, count to 15 seconds. See how long that is to wait. Then multiply that by 40. The amount of time I waste waiting for pages in a day. My neighbours upstairs have finally had enough of me and my high pitched screaming at the computer. The other week they were stamping on the floor in the early hours to get me to shut up. Embarrassing - up till then I wasn't sure if they could hear me.It is exasperating at times. I'll be typing away in this form (or this type of form - I'll then look up at the page and there is noting there and I'll have to wait a couple of minutes for anything to appear). I can't get Youtube videos. If I go to a page that had Youtube videos on it on this site (sometimes folk can put them in normal posts as well as the ones specifically for Youtbue videos) then my computer will just give up. I either wait half an hour (literally) or I'll have to reboot (another half hour wait anyway).I can't get Iplayer as I need to have Service Pack 2 (which needs a propoerly licenced version of Windows).So hopefully I'll be able to get back to some kind of normal internet use with this new (2nd hand) computer. Last years one I might just take to my football club and put it to use down there.Unfortunately I'm not in a position to be able to afford a new computer. Although with the amount of money I've spent on the two computers and postage I probably could have got a decent enough one.It will mean I am able to post photos again. Something I haven't been able to do for a long time. One photo can take me over half an hour to post and then that much power is used up a re-boot is necesary.

No comments: