Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Hiding from the Roofing Contractor

The Roofing Contractor has finally re-appeared after a couple of months. He put up the scaffold then buggered off. He was knocking at my door earlier - I didn't answer. I like in a block of 6 flats so we all have to share the costs of roof repairs. The minimum share is going to be £250 and I reckon the knock at the door was to tell me of increased costs. He already told me "it won't cost that much - it will be cheaper because we have our own scaffold". When he told me the costs was going to be £250 he then comes up with "most of the cost is in the scaffold". Rip-off merchant. If I ignore him he can't go ahead with anything too expensive - or he'll have to put in writing his intentions and post it through my door. That way I'll have a record of it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great post...

NJ Roofing Contractor said...

Roof is the most important part of a house. Maintenance of a roof should be done more frequently in order to last for years. A good roof contractor is important to do the job. Good to know that there is a contractor which specializes in roof repair and maintenance. They offer a wide variety of services from building a whole roof to partial repairs. They are now available online for browsing.