Thursday, May 29, 2008

Ok - I lied about the miles

Having looked at the miles it appears I do travel more than 20 or 30 miles per week.
This week will be another whopper as I travelled down to England again to meet someone. She reads this blog so I better not say anything about it.

Here's what I wrote elsewhere about it.
I drove back from meeting xxxxxxxxxxxxxx today. After dropping her off at her work I drove a short distance on the motorway and had a major panic attack. I thought I was having a stroke. Most of the left side of my body went numb. I could hardly breathe. I was shaking and both my hands were left tingling. I was stopping at Lancaster after half an hour driving anyway but it took a while to get over it.

I don't particularly like other people being in the car when I don't know where I am going. I've not been driving long and the only time I go on the motorway is the few occasions I visit xxxxxxxxxxxxxx . On the way down it's ok as I drive for over half an hour on normal roads before joining the motorway but on the way back up I'm straight onto the motorway and then changing directions quite a lot for the first few miles.

My driving isn't helped by ignorant lorry drivers. A lot of the time they will drive in the middle lane - not overtaking other lorries just driving alongside them for miles. Today I was in the middle lane and cars were zooming by me on the outside lane. All of a sudden a lorry from the inside lane indicates he's pulling ino my lane and I've nowhere to go.

Also why do some cars overtake me on the outside lane, pull into the middle lane where I am overtaking lorries on the inside lane and then the car will slow down causing me to brake. There should be no need to be using brakes on a motorway. Go in the lane appropriate to your speed.

No comments: