Thursday, May 27, 2004

www.sugarboy.co.uk - Everybody's Favourite Sweets

www.sugarboy.co.uk - Everybody's Favourite Sweets

I think I may need to come back to this site and buy some "Victory V's" or some "Fisherman's Friends". I wonder if they do "Oddfellows" as well.

Why was I thinking of these....Well something that just popped into my head.

I remember when I was young being given dextrosol. In fact I liked them that much I'm sure I sometimes bought them at the chemists to eat as sweets. I don't know why I was originally given them. I thought it might have been travel sickness or something like that. When I did a google on dextrosol it has all these websites on diabetes which I've never had.

Talking of travel sickness, anytime we had to go on a long journey as kids (on holiday) we would have to take these travel sickness pills. I can't for the life of me remember their name now. But they tasted awful and we'd refuse to take them. So my mother would have to crush them up and mix them with sugar. Or she'd have to secretly put them in something we were eating as we'd never take them voluntarily.

And they do sell "Oddfellows". MARVELOUS

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i'm surprised you can remember your childhood, some 100 years ago?

theesel1994 said...

Somebody doubts my age of 103.
Next people will be saying "Longshot Kickdebucket" is not my real name either.

Anonymous said...

i was not questioning your age, just wondering what miracle of science you had availed yourself of, to have such an incredible longterm memory, Mr. Longshot Kickdebucket? please share your secrets with your readers?

Anonymous said...

I don't know what my secret is. I have no control over the things I remember. My brain is in charge of that department and there are a few flaws. I can remember things from over 90 years ago (eh?) but I can't remember things from a week ago (like where I put my bottles of Tipp-Ex). In fact my memory has even managed to retrieve the name of the travel sickness pills - Avomine.

(This comment is by me, Longshot Kickdebucket, otherwise posting as "Fat and Bald" but this time posting as "Anonymous" just to confuse myself)