Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Back to the "bad old days"

Saturday's excursion to the football seemed like a return to my bad old days of about 15 years ago.
1½ pints before setting off
1 pint in the pub before the game
2 cans of lager from the off-sales (actually it was a garage) for the first half
1 pint in the pub at half time
the hailstones were bouncing off my bald head on the way back to the game
2 cans of lager from the off-sales for the second half
1 pint of lager on the way home
several pints of lager before going home - at which time I do not know.
The bad old days of about 15 years ago I'd probably have drunk about 15 pints before the game even started.
It didn't start off to well either. The person giving me a lift to the game couldn't get into my flat as some eedgit had locked the yale lock on the outside "close" door. He phoned me four times and left messages on my answer phone but I was in the shower - I got his call at the fifth attempt. Needless to say the lock has now been removed from the door by me......the final straw was when I got locked out of MY OWN FLAT by this eedgit. The lock was only meant to be used at lunchtimes to stop a group of about a dozen schoolgirls eating their lunches on the steps but it is being used all the time now. The postman wasn't able to deliver mail.
I've still got a hangover on Tuesday because of saturday's exploits.

No comments: