Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Hosepipe ban

They're talking about this already on the news. Hahaha. Reminds me of a recent incident in my flat.

At about 11pm I thought I'd go for a shower so I turned on the water but came back through to my living room. Fell asleep on the settee and woke up at 2am. Went straight to bed and forgot all about my shower running. I got up in the morning and went to the bathroom to be greeted by a wall of steam. The stupid part was when brushing my teeth - I turned the tap off to conserve water.
I started to strip the wallpaper off the wall probably about ten years ago. I gave up because of my back trouble and operation. Leaving the shower on all night certainly helped strip a lot more off the wall. Dread to think what my electricity bill is going to be like leaving a shower on for about 10 or 11 hours.

No comments: