Friday, March 04, 2005

Sent my wee sister a text message

I sent my first text message today on my mobile phone. She must have been surprised when it arrived as I've always maintained I'd never get a mobile. So what was her reply?

Wot made u get a mobile?

Why can't people talk in proper English on text messages. I know it takes a wee bit longer.

I don't think I could ever live without my mobile. Fuck off fatty - you've only had it a week now - don't talk pish. As I've only phoned on it a couple of times and sent e-mails to myself (easiest way to get pictures off my mobile) I can't see me ever relying on it.

It does come in handy for getting e-mails on a football mailing list I'm on. I get a text alert any time a new e-mail arrives and it goes and looks for e-mails to download every half hour anyway.

No comments: