Friday, June 10, 2005

£5.94 a week interest

That's how much I earn from my savings.

I have £6300 in an ISA which earns me £5.74 a week (no tax to pay). My National Savings Bank a/c earns me 13p a week (after income tax deducted) from the £252.49 I have in it. I recently closed one Abbey a/c and opened another so the £122.90 I have in there earns me a whopping penny a day or 7p per week interest by the time the tax man has had his share.
The rates of interest are as follows :
ISA 4.75%
NSB 3.25%
Abbey 3.55%
I currently have around £600 in my current account and £114 cash in my wallet and I owe my credit card £29.05 and around £500 is owed to me for work I've done and not been paid for yet. So there you have my financial state of affairs at 10th june 2005.
40 years old - it's a pretty sad picture don't you think. time to bung some of that £600 from my current account into the National Lottery a/c in an attempt to try and improve things.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

you are rich compared to me :)

Anonymous said...

“you are rich compared to me :)”

Pft – yeh, same here! I’d marry you – you’re rich! Wanna be a sugar daddy?

Anyhow – what does money really matter? I’d rather be happy than rich (mind you – I’d prefer to be moderately rich and occasionally miserable, as it is I’m poor and miserable! Lol!) Err, anyway, what was I saying?......I mean, you’re not brassic – just comfortable. Who of any worth judges anyone by money or worldly trappings?

theesel1994 said...

Did I forget to mention I took out an endowment mortgage in 1988 and it current is several thousand pounds short of the target to cover my mortgage? Well, I took out a mortgage..........

So I am comfortable in that I have enough money to but food - but clothes (well, you've seen my post on £9 jeans I assume). I will be wearing my (free) Brits 97 tee-shirt today.

Times are so tough I'm having to eat cardboard two days a week.

Anonymous said...

"Did I forget to mention I took out an endowment mortgage in 1988 and it current is several thousand pounds short of the target to cover my mortgage?" Not good :o( I dont know much (zilch) about these things, but is there any possible compensation if it was 'missold'?

On the other hand....... You can afford cardboard? - Pure luxury! Pah, these youngsters don't know they're born!