Monday, June 27, 2005

A strange start to the day

Around 10:30am I heard some glasses being rattled at my door. I thought - maybe it's the postman. You see, I have a carrier bag full of glass jars waiting to go to be recycled. I thought, maybe the postie has placed his bag down next to this bag and knocked it over. I thought no more of it. When I went out about an hour later, someone had placed all the jars in a line outside my door. I live in a block of six flats.

When I came back up later on I was locked out my building. I never bothered to get a key cut for the front door to the building so I had to go through the door to the next block of flats and in through the back door on my building. Annoying. We only got a lock on the door to stop schoolchildren getting into the building at lunchtimes in winter and eating their lunch. It was usually a group of about a dozen girls. I said hello to them any time I passed them on the stairs and they said hello back. But I think others in the building must have gone out and started arguing with them and they would have argued back. One of my neighbours even phoned the police to complain about them. One Wednesday I was leaving on my bike and I heard people talking outside my door. They were there for about 45 minutes by the time I left. Great - so that's where my tax money goes.

No comments: