Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Could I feel any worse?

My pills are meant to be taken after a meal. Well I took one lot at 9:30am and another lot about 3pm and I hadn't had anything to eat by that time. Went to work about 4pm and thought I'm going to fall asleep at any moment. So I came home and thought I might even fall asleep while cycling home. I nearly came off the road at one point.....luckily the police car wasn't behind me at that point. But I can't sleep. It isn't even the pain that keeping me awake now. I don't know what it is . I feel as though my face is going to fall on this keyboard I'm that tired. But when I lie down and try to sleep - nothing happens. It's a bit like a bad hangover - one that starts early - even before you've finished drinking. You then can't sleep and feel sick. That's another thing I've had - warnings about an impending trip to the toilet with my face stuffed down the pan.

Everything I touch seems to break
At my work there is a computer, monitor and printer I bought for them off of Ebay. I didn't even bother to ask them - I just bought the stuff and then demanded the money. Well, as soon as I got in the monitor packed in. I say packed in - it didn't even start. I'm the only one that uses their computer as well. So I got them to give me a lift home and I picked up a 15" monitor. I have 6 spare ones because of a mad spell on Ebay. After using this one for a wee while I decided it was too small. I've bought another 17" one off of Ebay - again without telling them.
The pull-down lightswitch in the kitchen at my work doesn't work so I just keep taking the bulb in and out while the switch is left in the permanent on position. This bulb decided it didn't want to work after I accidentally dropped it. Probably because I was feeling so drowsy. What else can possibly go wrong for me today.

While cycling the last part of my journey home I saw someone stading in a doorway that vaguely know so I was going to say hello as I cycled by. He was taking to someone on the pavement that I didn't recognise. This person then shouted out to me. I then recognised him. I've been going to the football every Saturday with him since about 1982. I don't recognise him but I recognise someone I've hardly saw. Must be these drugs playing havoc with my brain......what's left of my brain.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It is weird, that recognising people thing. I don't recognise people out of the circumstances in which I am used to them. For instance someone said hello to me in the street and I ignored him.. then next time I was in the pub he said ' you ignored me' I'd been out drinking with him loads of times but because he wasn't in the pub with a pint in his hand when I saw him, I didn't know who he was.