Saturday, August 06, 2005

Talking to drunks

There's nothing worse than if you're sober having to make conversation with someone that's drunk.
I was walking out to the football today and halfway there I met my Uncle across the street. So I walked out the rest of the way with him. Had I walked out at my own pace I would have seen the kick off but because I had to wait on him......well, I didn't want to look an ignorant git, I missed the start. No problem there - I only saw the start of ONE home game all of last season but I've saw the start of both home games this season and was wanting to keep the run going. My uncle had been in the pub a little too long. God, now I know what people had to put up with when I was drunk. At least my uncle was speaking in English - unlike the drivel I talk that no-one can understand.
We won 5-1 and we now top our section.

No comments: