Sunday, August 28, 2005

Sister's wedding 2

My wee sister finally got married. She's been living with her now husband for about 11 years now I think. I hate weddings. I hate churches. I hate religion. But most of all I hate wedding receptions. I tried hard but I just couldn't get drunk. Eventually around midnight I started drinking vodka as well as my usual pints. I probably was drunk - I just didn't feel it. Damn - I can even remember walking home with one of my cousins.
I found out another of my cousins is gay. He's been married a few times and has three kids. I don't know any gay people. Well, I thought I didn't. I probably do know a few just don't know they're gay. I did find out about another person that's gay. Anyway, for me, finding out about my gay cousin was the highlight of the wedding reception. I found it hilarious. I don't mean to offend any gays by that comment. But when you don't know any gay people and then find out your own cousin is gay then you tend to find it funny. I had been thinking about my cousin recently because of Big Brother. He sounds just the same as Craig on that show. At the time I was thinking - just because he sounds effeminate doesn't necessarily mean he's gay (although Craig is). I was thinking my cousin sounds effeminate and he isn't gay......and now I find out he is after all.

1 comment:

me-luv-pandas said...

Hmm, I always find that when I want to get rip roaring drunk I can't, yet if I'm just havin a glass of wine during lunch with the mother in law I end up pissed and saying something I shouldn't :/