Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Finding out shortcuts after all this time

Fat and Bald

I've had a computer of one type or another since 1984 (OK - I had an Amstrad PCW10 back then and that's not really a computer....but it did have a keyboard, monitor and printer). I've been using the internet since 1987 - and using Internet Explorer. Yet it is only in the last week I've found you can drag a link to the address bar and it'll open that page. What's the point in that I hear you ask? Well, this heap of a computer doesn't like opening new browser windows - it tends to crash when this happens. But I don't know if a link is going to try and open in a new window or in the same browser so dragging it means I no longer have to worry.

There was another shortcut I only just found out about but I can't remember what it is. I'll probably remember as soon as I press the "publish" button.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's only taken me over 4 years to realise I meant 1994 and 1997.