Monday, March 13, 2006

Click on the picture for a larger version.
This is the ground where I spend most of my Saturdays. I suppose I've spent a fair portion of my life at the same spot (standing at the back of the stand on a bench). I first went there in 1977. 28 years later. Maybe 20 games a season at home. 1½ hours each week. Call it two hours as I'm there before the game and 15 minutes at half time.
The reason I took the picture today was to wind up the team we played yesterday. We did the double over them for the first time since 1979-80 season. That is, we won both the home league game and the away league game. They totally outplayed us yesterday. But we still won 2-0. Daylight robbery. Such fun. Anyways - I thought I'd post this picture on their forum and ask them if they would have been happy to see this sight yesterday knowing they got beat.

No comments: