Friday, March 24, 2006

Songs reminded me of places

Do you ever get this where a song can remind you of a particular place or whatever you were doing. Just after posting these pictures of the space where a hotel once stood it brought it back to me that every time I hear "Road to nowhere" by the Talking Heads reminds me of sitting at the bar of that hotel on a Sunday eating a pie. It probably means nothing to the one person reading this blog....or maybe a second person that clicked on to it by mistake etc. The Sunday part is very particular. It had an earlier licence than most on a Sunday. Mid-day, instead of 12:30pm that all the others opened at. An extra half hour meant everything on a Sunday if you had a hangover and wanted a curer. Certain songs by Simple Minds also remind me of this hotel/pub. Another reason this has just occurred to me is I'm listening to Virgin radio Classic Rock (0184) on satelite tv and "Brothers in arms" by Dire Straits. This also reminds me of eating a pie - but in no particular place. Must be getting nostalgic in my old age. Or maybe just wanting my youth to return.



Brothes in Arms

1 comment:

me-luv-pandas said...

what an exciting pie eating youth you must have had ;)