Thursday, March 23, 2006

Superstition

I mentioned to someone today about a stupid superstition I have when I am shaving.
I rarely have any hot water in my flat. In fact, any time I need hot water - be it for washing the plastic dishes that can't go in the dishwasher (once a year) or water for shaving I will just fill up the bathroom sink etc with the shower hose. It can stretch over because my bathroom is so small. The water for the dishes I put into a plastic tub. Back to my superstition.....

After I have shaved and removed the plug and let the water go from the sink I MUST spray the basin with the shower hose while the water is draining away. I can't let all the water drain away and then spray the basin (to fill it back up again to splash my face with water). Nor can I bring the shower hose over before I remove the plug.

Burnt my fingers.
In the tiny kitchen (just a sink really) of the office/workshop where I work a couple of days a week the light switch doesn't work. It's a pull switch thingy on a cord. So I have to get out a set of steps each time and put the lightbulb in and then remove it at the end of the day. Fortunately the light switch is stuck in the "on" position. Tonight I did my usual, remove the bulb with a towel in my hand to prevent me from getting burnt....but then I went to put it into a plastic container and stupidly I transfered the bulb from the hand with the towel to my thumb and forefinger of the other hand - and it was being held by the metal bit of the bulb. It;s still sore on those fingers now several hours later.

No comments: