Friday, March 17, 2006

Finally washed the plastic stuff

You're not meant to put plastic stuff in a dishwasher. So, all my plastic containers have been piling up on my kitchen sink. They all fit inside each other. You kow, ice cream containers, Vitalite tubs etc. They have been building up for months waiting to be washed. I mean literally months. It wouldn't surprise me if they've been there for a year. This time I'm going to take a note that I've washed them today.....just to see how long I do let them pile up for. Although it is now my intention to wash them more often before they get the chance to accumulate. This is all in my grand plan to have a more organised life. I am getting partly there. My book-keeping for the restaurant I work for is done mostly on the Monday now - with maybe it spiliing over for an hour on the Tuesday. Before it was half hours here, there and everywhere.

9pm
It's now 9pm and I have a pile of washing in a basket on the living room floor. I hang them up to dry in my hallway. If I hung them up outside in the garden I'd forget all about them. The only problem is I've run out of of clothes hangers to hang them up top dry on.

What the hell is this gaelic mince I'm listening to on the tv. It's like the old Billy Connolly joke.

"That's them at the shaggin' next door"
"How the hell do you know they're shagging?"
"Because I can hear a gaelic program on their tv"
"So?"
"Naebody listens to gaelic on the tv"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It amazes me how people always have an empty vitalite tub hanging around the house - I bet everyone has got one (or more) but never ever have I been to someones house & they have taken a big tub of vitalite out of the fridge. They all have the tubs but don't use the spread :/