Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Near porridge disaster

I'm rapidly running out of cornflakes and as I can't be arsed going to the supermarket to get "just" cornflakes I thought I'd give myself a few extra days by having porridge instead. I knew the bowl I intended eating the porridge out of - a glass bowl. But my brain kind of shut off this morning. I placed the porridge and milk in this bowl instead of a pot for heating up on the cooker. I couldn't figure out why the porridge was taking so long to come to the boil. Then it dawned on me. The glass bowl tapers down to a small base unlike a pot which has a larger surface area to get the heat from the cooker. But that aside - luckily I realised in time otherwise who knows what would have happened. I know it's safe to use the glass bowl in a microwave - just not so sure about on top of a cooker.

What a way to go.....my body punctured by shards of glass and smothered in porridge.

Back to my porridge - the instructions say "add salt to taste" - aye, that'll be shining bright (to use some Scottish rhyming slang). I think I'll just add sugar. I come from a family that even adds sugar to Kelloggs Frosties.

2 comments: