Monday, March 27, 2006

Sportsmans Dinner

One of the speakers at the Sportsmans Dinner was the guy that reads the football results out on the radio. It will be funny listening to the results after his performance on Saturday. I think I had 9 or 10 pints all night. How sad is that? I even went to a disco afterwards. Christ - what was I thinking. I wasn't the oldest there - but there was probably on one or two people older. I was asked to turn off my mobile phone before going in. What the hell was that all about. As I don't wear a watch my only way of knowing the time was with my mobile. So on it went again. At that point all the lights exploded. So I left.

For a while I was the only person that wasn't wearing a suit. I felt right out of place. I had a shirt and tie on. I'm trying to remain anonymous and then stick out like a sore thumb. Later a couple of others arrived without suits. Then the team players arrived and some of them were wearing jeans.

They played some stupid games. The compere for the evening would toss a coin. Everyone in the room had to stand up. You then had to place your hand on your head if you thought it wasn't going to be heads or on your bum if you thought it wasn't going to be tails. If you were wrong you had to sit down. I sat down even though I was right as I didn't want to be the last person standing. Same with the Irish bingo. I paid £5 for the card then hoped I wouldn't win the prize.

No comments: