Sunday, March 12, 2006

Snow's thawing

I went for a walk around my town today. I've lived here since the end of June 1989 but in all that time I've never actually gone for a walk without going somewhere. What I mean is, maybe I've walked about a mile in the town but I was always heading somewhere. Like the supermarket. Or the football. Because of the snow today I thought I'd go out and take a picture of the football ground covered in snow. Then I took a walk down to the prom and along the prom - but not on the pavement. I walked along the grass (covered in snow) next to the prom. It was great leaving a set of footprints in the snow where previously it was just a large white blanket.
It was weird at times. Because I was walking different from normal. I was lifting my legs higher than normal. My legs felt numb by the time I got home. Really strange. At least my tv is back on.
I'm in two minds about what I want to happen with the snow. Do I want it to completely disappear for tomorrow as I have to go to the restaurant for my book-keeping. Or do I want it to remain for a few more days.....but clearing up in time for the football next week. I met my cousin and he's clear about he wants. He's a greenkeeper at a golf club. He wants it to snow for the next week so he doesn't have to go to work.
Ach well, that's enough for my blog for now.

No comments: