Saturday, July 30, 2005

Theatre of Dreams

28 years of my life I've been going to this dump of a ground. It's seen a slight lick of paint (probably for the first time in 28 years).
Click on the picture for a larger version. No point in showing the other pictures as they are either blurred or show nothing. The remainder of the ground is open terracing. I was the first person in the "stand" today. When the next person arrived he asked "have you been sitting there since last season" because I've been in hibernation since then as well as I sit (or usually stand) and the same position, week after week, season after season. Today we beat a team from the league above us 2-1 in a pre-season friendly. Although it can hardly be classed as a friendly when we had two players sent off and they had one sent off. Last week we also had a player sent off in a pre-season friendly.

No comments: