Saturday, July 02, 2005

Whatever happened to Roxette?

I was listening to a song on one of my Freesat channels and I thought that sounds like Roxette. At the end of the song the title came up as something like "Roxette versus blah blah blah". I hate that. What's this versus all about? Is she having an arm wrestling competition with the person? No. She is singing on the same song as this person. So what did happen to Roxette. I really mean - whatever happened to Marie Fredriksson from Roxette.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Marie was diagnosed with a brain tumor in September 2002. The tumor was successfully removed, but it took a long time before she recovered. She has since made an English solo album, "The Change", released in 2004, but she hasn't made public appearances.

The other half of Roxette, Per Gessle, continues writing music for himself and other artists and is expected to release new material later this year.

You can find the latest Roxette news and discussions in The Daily Roxette.

theesel1994 said...

I wasn't actually expecting a response but thanks all the same. Obviously this post was found via a search engine as there is no was a Roxette fan would happen upon this post by fluke.

Anonymous said...

Yes, I found your site through some blog search engine. No blog is an island, as they say ;-)