Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Woken up by five helicopters

Went to my bed at 2am and decided to get back up and post on SAUK at 6am until about 11am then went back to my bed - pointless as I knew I would be back up at noon. I was then woken up by what I thought at the time was one really loud helicopter right outside my window (absurd I know). But I found out later there were actually five of the beggars buzzing about. What am I going to be woken up by next.

Raging at the cost of my Freesat
It is advertised on the Sky website as costing £150. I saw a local TV shop advertise in my football teams match day programme the same thing for £199 so I'd rather go for someone that advertises in there even though it was £49 dearer. I then had to wait 6 months and after it's installed I'm told it will actually cost £239. There was no viewing card with it and so after about another 10 days of the TV shop guy saying it is a computer glitch to blame (I wonder if it was the same computer glitch that delayed the installation by 6 months) he then phones me up, gives me a phone number and I've to order the thing myself. Another £20. £259 I've spent on it so far. £109 more than if I'd gone direct to Sky. Fuck loyalty to my football team - I'll go for the cheap option in future.

No comments: