Monday, May 09, 2005

Customer Support - what's that?

How do these people justify getting a wage. They don't do anything. They don't actually read the e-mails sent to them.
I've given up on www.mobilefun.com . I ordered a new cable for my mobile phone to my pc and thought it would just be a straightforward case of swapping one for the other. Mobilefun's response was to download the latest software from mobile-action which would have been ok if they had supplied the drivers as well as the hardware/software wants to look for a driver that I don't even know the name of because it doesn't state it. I've got a thumping sore head and have just given up after wasting about 8 hours on it. I saw an offer for a bluetooth dongle and went for that instead. I'm just pissed off at wasting £14 on a useless cable.

No comments: