Saturday, May 14, 2005

Too many clothes

Must have been the hottest day of the year so far. But the tiny office I work in
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
(there is a larger version of this picture here - right click on link and open in a new window)
http://photos1.blogger.com/img/24/991/1024/02-03-05_1554.jpg

is away from the window so the sun doesn't get to the back office. The building has a false ceiling. The real ceiling is made of concrete and so the place is bloody freezing most of the time. So when I came out the office at 4:45pm (home early for a change) I was wearing a shirt, jumper and jacket and I cycled home. I took the long way home along the prom (an extra couple of miles onto my journey) and it was packet with tourists. Tiniest bit of sun and they all head down here. I was cycling by all these people with their ice creams and wearing just tee-shirts. Did see one of the funniest sights - two little girls, one of them maybe about 5 and the other only about 3 or 4 were cycling in front of me. The younger of the two girls had a bike with stabilisers and her little legs were peddling away frantically. The older girl was wobbling about all over the prom - I was scared to overtake in case she took a wobbly turn just as I went by. I just can't get the image of that wee girls legs peddling like a maniac out of my head.

Later on in the evening I went out to do some shopping (receipt will appear later) and bought too much stuff to fit on my bike. So I had a bag wrapped round my wrist and had stuffed the lightweight "Bettabuy Noodles" into my jacket pockets. Three in each pocket. My thighs battering against them as I cycled along. Only 9p each. That was the only reason I bought them.

No comments: