Thursday, May 05, 2005

Why do we have to grow up

Just been looking at a picture of my wee sister
http://fatandbald.blogspot.com/2005/05/my-old-house.html

and I can't help but thinking - why do we have to grow older. Wouldn't it be great to stay at that age all the time. OK the bad points are we trust everyone and have no fears about anything and there are no dangers in our life (at least we think there are none). So why do we have to grow up into people that hurt, that cheat, that deceive. Some of us are bastards. Some aren't. There are some good people in the world. But at the young age we have no opinions. We can't argue. OK - we can whine. But we can't hurt people's feelings just because we don't share the same point of view.

This minature rant of mine isn't based on anything that has recently happened. It is based on something that happened about 35 years ago. I started to grow up. Maybe by the time I'm 80 I might just become an adult.....but I'll have to beat the deathclock first as it doesn't think I'll make it that long.

No comments: