Sunday, May 08, 2005

Filing newspapers

I managed to get something done today that I've been putting off for months/years. I keep newspapers sports pages. The sports pages are always at the back of a newspaper. So say for instance a newspaper has 48 pages. This is 12 sheets of paper folded in two. So if the back three or four pages are of sport I'll keep pages 1, 2, 3, 4, 45, 46, 47 & 48. I keep three local newspapers in this format. I've been keeping them for about 13 years now so you can imagine the pile of papers is getting higher and higher. So I'll punch holes in them and file them away in lever arch files. At least I'll keep the current football season's worth of newspapers. Previous seasons I'll keep together with metal filing clips. I managed to get a few years worth done today and my fingers are completely black.

No comments: