Saturday, May 21, 2005

Power going off

Twice now in the space of a few minutes has the power gone off. I get the feeling it won't be the last either. The power has been flickering for a couple of days now. I hope I had all my work saved on my other computer and nothing gets "wiped". I hate when that happens. Especially if I've been saving a document every few minutes then because the power goes off the computer decides to wipe the whole document.

Unbelievable - one computer didn't even finish the automatic "scandisk" before the power went off again. The bedroom computer has the blue screen of death every time I re-boot so I've got the CTRL-ALT-DEL it to start again in safe mode - then re-start. Fucking annoying.

The telephone starts speaking to me each time the power goes off saying it is setting my answering machine message. The fax machine spews out a piece of paper saying there was a power cut. That's the only thing the fax machine ever prints.

Lights are flickering like crazy just now but the power hasn't completely gone out - lucky this laptop has a battery to back it up.

No comments: