Tuesday, May 31, 2005

I have £120 in an account I forgot all about

So I phoned up the bank and asked why I hadn't received a statement for 3 years and they told me because it was only the interest that was added each year that was the only transactions I'd had. (not very good English I know). In fact, the last time I was in their bank was in 1997. I think I went in the huff with them as I lost out on £750 bonus when they went PLC. I'd been with them since 1987 (Edit : actually since Jan 1980) and because I let my balance drift below £100 for about the first time since then I missed out yet my brother who'd not been with them that long got his bonus. Life's a bastard at times. Especially Sundays.
I have two other bank accounts with a different bank. I think one had 40p in it and the other a massive 42p.

Holy shit and fuck - the delete button has packed in. Must have been the amount of times I've used the CTRL - ALT then whacked DEL. Holy shit and fuck #2 - it's magically returned.

No comments: