Wednesday, May 04, 2005

The yellow hedge

I mention below about playing tennis against a wall - on top of the wall was a hedge. Well, here's the famous yellow hedge.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
To the left of little sis's head (I'm aware I haven't mentioned her name) you can just make out the goalposts of the football pitch mentioned in the previous post. You can also see the top of the "baby swings" as well as the chute - but you don't know what you're looking for so it was pointless me telling you. I don't even know who "you" are. Grass looks as though it could do with being cut.
My middle brother used to cut the hedge for my mother. He's always do it when she went on holiday and she never knew why. Well, he used to use the hover mower turned on it's side to cut the hedge. Not a very wise thing to do - hence the reason for waiting for the parents to go on holiday before doing it. When you get to a certain age you don't want to be seen with your parents so you avoid going on holiday with them. That way you can get plastered for two weeks without them knowing.
My mother went through a crazy stage with that hedge. It grew much larger and she cut bits out of it so it looked like castle turrets.
While going through all the pics - all the best ones seem to be of my little sister when she was about this age.

No comments: