Wednesday, May 11, 2005

An odd dream

A weird dream this morning. I dreamt I was cycling to the village I work a couple of days a week. The back wheel was clicking in its socket thing (technical term)....at the axis bit (another technical term). "thing" "bit" what are the right names. So I stopped my bike and looked at the weel and the nuts had come loose. I was tightening them up with my fingers and someone started walking towards me. They were singing and appeared drunk.Anyway, this person started talking to me and knew me as he was talking about one of my brothers. The next thing was he was going into a large wooden toolbox that had suddenly appeared. He tightened the nuts up properly for me. He then got into a car (that wasn't in the dream before) and drove off laughing maniacally. So I double checked the back wheel to see if that was the reason for the laughter. As he drove off I noticed his back bumper had come off and was tied on again and dragging along the road....a bit like a wedding car with cans tied to the back. So I cycled off and met someone I go to the football with. I started to explain about a cup competion had been drawn in - a competition both of us thought had been dropped. In real life I only found out at 3:30am so I had e-mailed him with the news and the complete draw for the competition - they draw, the first round, second round, semi final (and obviously final by default) at the same time as there are only 10 clubs involved in this local competition.
I was talking away to him and what I was saying was making sense but his replies were totally incomprehensible. I had to ask him to repeat himself a few times and even then I couldn't understand what he was saying. It was getting frustrating.
And then I woke up.

No comments: