Wednesday, May 04, 2005

My old house

Following on from my post about playing tennis in front of my house - well, here's a picture of my wee sis in front of the house.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
If you can see a reddish like strip behind her - that's where we used to play football. We played that much the grass disappeared and stones started coming through to the surface. Never was sure where the boundaries of that picth were. You could end up chasing a ball through the swings and it still wasn't out for a throw in. She's on the "baby swings" as we called them - although that didn't stop us from using them as well. It won't be visible in the picture as you won't know what you are actually looking for - but there is actually a path you can take from our house down to the swing park. It is behind the yellow post. The area behind her head is full of brambles and nettles. In summer/autumn we had to collect them for my mum to make jam. Unfortunately the ball sometimes ended up in this area.

Digital cameras
Just looking through all these old photos I just wish digital cameras had beed available back then. Photographs were rare because they were expensive. But with a digital camera you can take photos of anything. I'd love to be able to go around the whole of this swing park and be able to point out bits and describe them. For instance - futher to the left I'm sure there was a wee stream that used to come down into this area. A really small stream I mean. I think someone once told me that before the football pitch was there this used to be a basin like area - filled with water from this stream. They might just have been lying though. Need to ask the parents this one.

No comments: